Monday, January 26, 2009

I stumbled across this poem/quote the other day and well....It made me cry! So I thought I would share it with you all. Although when Heath read his response was "yeah that's cute" "THAT'S CUTE" I hastily responded. Oh how our wonderful creator made men and women so different.

I Will Gather Children

Some would gather money along the path of life,
Some would gather roses, and rest from worldly strife;
but I would gather children from among the sin and strife,
I would seek a golden curl, a freckle, or a toothless grin.

For money cannot enter in that land of endless day,
and roses that are gathered soon will wilt along the way,
but, oh, the laughing children, as I cross the shining sea,
and the gates swing open to heaven I can take them with me.

This spoke to me about how important it is to have our priorities in check. The only things that will go with us are other souls. How important it is to be planting the seeds as the Lord leads us and provides opportunities for us to bring him glory. The possibilities are endless.... our children, our neighbors children, nieces and nephews, and people every where. Many speak of witnessing to our neighbors...but who is our neighbor? the family next door? the lady 6 blocks over? the couple in the next town over? someone in the next state? Or the family in another country? With travel today it has really opened our possibilities of who our neighbor is. We are His hand and feet. We are all Gods creation, we all are from Adam and Eve, we are all from Noah. He delights in every soul that turns to him, and he grieves for every soul that turns away, and he LOVES every one of us with no exceptions. He doesn't' see race or color and there are no boundaries. My prayer for us all in 2009 that we draw closer to him and his perfect love. When we feel and understand his love and sacrifice for us we will begin to love one another with deeper and Christ like love. So lets take time to show Christ love to all and continue to further our Fathers Kingdom.And when those gates swing open for us we will hear the singing and voices of the souls we took time to love and know while on this earth. How Magnificent!!

2 comments:

Arlene said...

Left me in awe. Beautiful. Thank you sincerly for sharing the poem, but most of all your heart for HIM. May you be blessed with a quiver full of "children and friends!"

Jody said...

Heath n Betsy~
I love that poem. We latched onto that one when we were in the process of bringing home our children from Russia. I was so glad to find your blog...off of Uncle Brian's...as we had heard that you were in the process of adopting, but hadn't heard any details. We'll be praying for a speedy adoption process. Nothing is harder than having children who are living in another land. You are in our prayers....you and your two beautiful little girls!
Jody Garber....and Jason, too!
P.S. We brought home Addie (3) and Will (2) in July, 2008. It hasn't been easy....but when we think of all those children still in orphanages, I would guess that we'll be back!!! His blessings to you...